With the chilly evenings upon us and convenience being King on busy days, what not give this tasty recipe from Mash Direct a try!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
Oven temperature: 200°C (Fan 180°C), Gas Mark 6
- 2 packs Mash Direct Cauliflower Cheese Gratin
- 250g dried macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g smoked pancetta cubes
- 100ml cream
- 150g Mozzarella, grated
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- Freshly milled salt and black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200°C (Fan 180°C), Gas Mark 6 and grease a 35 x 20cm oven-proof dish.
• Heat the Mash Direct Cauliflower Cheese Gratin in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
• Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and stir in the macaroni. Cook for 10 minutes, or until al dente, drain well.
• Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion until soft, then add the pancetta and cook until crisp. Stir in cream and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and stir in mozzarella, macaroni and Cauliflower Cheese Gratin and pour into the oven-proof dish.
• Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and scatter over the top.
• Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.