We regularly enjoy a soup lunch and one of our absolute favourites is this squash and sweet potato recipe. You can enjoy it fresh on the day or it works perfect from the freezer.
– 1 squash
– 2 Sweet Potatoes
– 2 Rooster Potatoes
– 5 Cloves of Garlic
– 1 Red Chilli
– 4 Carrots
– 1 Red Onion
– 3 Sticks of Celery
– 2 Veg Stock Pots
– Olive Oil
– Pumpkin Seeds
– Fresh Cream
– Pop all of the chopped Veg into an oven proof dish with Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic, a good glug of Olive Oil and some honey
– Roast for approx 1 hour at about 160 degrees centigrade (until they are soft)
– Dissolve 2 Veg Stock Pots in Boiling water (I used about a litre or so)
– Transfer the roast veg into a pot and add half the stock, blitz with hand blender and then add more stock until you reach your preferred consistency
– Bring to a gentle simmer and you are ready to rock
We added a dash of fresh cream, some croutons (bought in Tesco because life is too short to be making them🤣) and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
Really tasty result and enough for two days which is always helpful.