Homemade sushi is really easier than you would think, if this is takeout that you love, then try the recipe below, it is really fun to make.
- 100g Sushi Rice
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 large avocado
- Lemon Juice
- 1 sheets Nori Seaweed
- 1 large slice Smoked Salmon
- Sesame Seeds
- sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), to serve
- Place the rice in a pot of 300ml water. Bring to the boil and then allow to cook for a further 10 mins until the rice is tender.
- Add in the vinegar and the sugar, give it a good stir, then cover and allow to cool.
- Remove the skin and slice the avocado.
- In a bowl add the avocado and the lemon juice.
- On a sheet of cling film spread our your rice and place your seaweed sheets on top.
- Leave a 1cm border at the top and bottom of the sheets
- Place the salmon & the avocado across the centre of the sheet.
- Fold the bottom edge of the seaweed over your Salmon and Avocado filling
- Then roll it up firmly and wrap the roll in cling film and place in the fridge to chill.
- Now cut the roll into 8 equal round shapes.
- Roll your shapes into a bowl of mixed sesame seeds.
- Serve with a Sweet Soy Sauce.