The perfect weekend treat which really doesn’t take very long, we all love the mighty sausage roll but we decided to mix it up a little and add in a kick of Clonakility Black Pudding to give a proper sausage roll makeover.
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Egg
- 20ml Milk
- 30g Sesame Seeds
- 500g Clonakilty Sausages
- 300g Clonakilty Blackpuding (Crumbled)
- Ballymaloe Relish
1. We would recommend defrost the puff pastry overnight.
2. Make a small bowl of egg wash with a splash of milk and preheat your oven to 200°C
3. To make the filling, take your clonakility sausages and cut a line down the middle, so you can remove the skin and place the sausage meat in the bowl.
4. Then crumble up your black pudding using a fork and add to the bowl, making sure to mic well with the sausage meat.
5. Make sure to season your mixture well with pepper and mix well.
6. Now for the fun part, cut your sheets of puff pastry into generous squares using a knife and then spoon your mixture onto each square leaving enough room to fold over the pastry and hold the mixture inside.
7. Once you have created your roll, using a pastry brush, apply your egg wash and sprinkle with mixed sesame seeds.
8. Place your rolls on a baking tray covered in parchment paper
9. Allow space between each roll so that they can puff up.
10. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 250°C to get them golden brown but then redue the temperature to 200°C for a further 15 minutes.
11. Finally serve and enjoy, they go particularly well with Ballymaloe relish.