We’re finally coming into the winter season! That means it’s time to cosy up on the couch with a cup of tea, but what’s a cuppa without a tasty biscuit?
Linwoods Health Foods have the perfect recipe for Thick Ginger Molasses Cookies that will warm you up on the chilly nights ahead.
What’s more is you’ll be sure to be fuelled up for flu season as unlike refined sugar, Molasses is naturally rich in antioxidants, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6.
Preparation Time – 10 minutes Cooking Time – 10 minutes Servings – 16
- 1 tbsp milled Linwoods Flaxseed with Vitamin D + 3 tbsp water
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 40g molasses
- 50g maple syrup
- 120g coconut sugar or raw cane sugar
- 60g vegan butter, melted
- Coarse cane sugar for topping, optional
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
- Mix together flax and water in a small bowl and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and soda in a bowl.
- Whisk together the molasses, maple syrup, sugar, melted vegan butter and flax egg in a jug orbowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix well to combine. The dough will stick together when you press itbetween your fingertips but shouldn’t be wet or sticky.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls. Flatten a little between the palms of your hands. Place the cookies acouple of inches apart on a baking paper lined tray or trays. Sprinkle with some coarse sugar ifusing. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in a sealed container for up to five days or freeze for up to one month.