Preparation – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 12 – 20 minutes
Serves – 4
- ½ a courgette, grated, excess water removed*
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ a can cannellini
- 50g spelt flour, or oat flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 heaped tbsp Linwoods Milled Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare courgette*
- Blend together the beans, flour, garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper, flax and olive oil in a food processor until thick, still chunky, but well combined.
- Pulse through the courgette.
- Divide mixture into four patties. Place into the fridge for up to two days before cooking. To cook, you can pan fry them for 3 – 5 minutes per side, bake them at 180C (350F) for 15 -20 minutes or stick them into the air fryer for about 10 -12 minutes.
- Serve in buns with dairy free yogurt or mayo, ribbons of courgette and some pickled onion. A side of homemade fries or wedges never go amiss.
*Squeeze water from grated courgette and discard. Leave to sit in a bowl, sprinkle with some salt and cover with kitchen paper to absorb more moisture for about 10 minutes before using