This is my ultimate comfort food, there is something about each creamy mouthful that makes this dish one of my all time favourites.
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 30g salted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled & chopped into small cubes
- Small handful of fresh sage, chop roughly
- 30g parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250ml dry white wine or whatever wine you have left over
- 1 litre fresh vegetable stock
Heat your oven to 180°C and preheat your ovenproof dish.
Melt some butter in a frying pan before adding in your finely chopped shallots.
Fry until translucent and then stir in the arborio risotto rice, the squash, the sage and the garlic so everything combines with the butter. Allow to heat for 2 mins.
Pour in the wine & bring the pan to a simmer, then bubble for 2-3 mins.
Add the vegetable stock & bring it back to a simmer.
Pour everything from your pan into the warmed overproof dish and bake in the oven for about 40 mins.
Stir in the parmesan and then bake for a further 5 mins.
Serve and enjoy. You probably won’t want to share, that’s ok, no judgement here.