Plum and pistachios cake (gluten free) recipe. With the cold & wet months ahead of us, we need plenty of inspiration to keep us entertained in the kitchen. What is best than the anticipation of a fabulous cake in the oven? to have with a super hot cup of coffee or tea. Shilpa’s recipe it is as beautiful and delicious as it looks, perfect companion for that most needed hot cuppa.
– 3 to 4 plums sliced into wedges
– 2 tbsp honey to spread at the bottom of the cake tin
– 50 grams crushed pistachios, plus a tbsp for decorating.
– 3 corn fed eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup 60 ml melted organic coconut oil
– 1/3 cup 80 ml pure honey
– 1/4 cup 70 grams appx zero fat Greek yogurt
– 1 cup – 120 grams ground almond / almond meal.
– 1/2 cup – 50 grams corn meal / maize meal
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– 1/2 tsp of baking soda
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
2. Line a 9 inch springform cake tin with parchment paper, butter or spray all sides.
3. Spread the pure honey at the bottom of the pan and arrange the plum wedges (as shown in the picture).
4. In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients, using a wire whisk.
5. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients, using a wire whisk.
6. Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a spatula.
7. Pour mixture over the arranged plums, be gentle while doing this so you don’t spoil the arrangement.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 to 40 mins, depending on your oven.
9. Check with a skewer, if inserted comes out clean around 35 mins, then remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
10. Place a plate on the open side of the pan, then gentling turn the cake upside
down, remove the parchment paper, before serving.
11. Sprinkle over some more crushed pistachios.
12. Serve either warm or cold. Enjoy with a cup of tea!